While an elopement tends to be cheaper than a wedding in general, you may still be wondering if there are ways you can save a little money without cutting any corners on your special day.
This is understandable, because given how tight everyone’s budget is these days, and with jobs and the economy uncertain, being smart with your money is more important than ever. While you don’t want to shortchange yourself, saving money on your destination elopement can help you put it toward other things such as a house or much-needed car.
The following money-saving tactics can be used to help you manage your elopement budget and get the most out of your money.
Create a Budget!
Yes, there is something romantic about just dropping some money on a flight to an exotic location and then getting married without any forethought, but chances are you will have a much better experience with a little planning beforehand.
Especially in terms of budgeting, you will have a much better chance at finding deals and planning your money strategically if you create a proper budget beforehand. This doesn’t need to be anything complicated though. In fact, in this case simple is actually better.
What does your elopement need?
- The cost of your flight
- The cost of your hotel package
- The cost of your marriage license
- The cost of any permits you need for an outdoor ceremony
- The wedding dress and tux
- The cake (if you want one!)
- Accommodations for guests
- Catering or dinner
- Entertainment and fun
The important thing is not to get too deep into the nitty gritty here. You’re not trying to get bogged down with dollar signs and lose sight of the romantic and spontaneous element of your destination elopement.
What you do want to do is make it easy to see where you are sinking your money so that you can make changes where needed. For most elopements, the bulk of the cost will be spent on travel and lodging, so these areas are where you want to focus on the most.
The Best Elopement Destination for You!
There’s no right or wrong place to elope. Whether you want to get married at a park near your house or halfway across the world, that’s part of what makes getting eloped so special. You are in control and you can decide for yourself how you want your special day to go.
This is also one of the most romantic aspects of eloping, because you aren’t confined to your local or family church or similar venue. The world is truly your oyster, and as long as it works for both you and your significant other, you can go just about anywhere to have your ceremony.
What you do want to make sure of here is that you are selecting a destination that resonates with you. Be confident in your choice so that there are no regrets.
You should spend time looking for deals on flights on sites like Kayak and Expedia so that you can save a bit of money here. There are always deals popping up when it comes to airfare, so being vigilant will pay off.
What is the best destination elopement location?
- New Orleans, noted for its rich culture, luxury restaurants and hotels, parks and gardens, favorable weather, and loads of entertainment.
- Biloxi MS, known for its endless assortment of entertainment, beaches and hotel options.
- The Florida Panhandle, perfect for couples that love the beach and want a bustling, party atmosphere.
- Orange Beach AL, a popular tourist spot that is home to gorgeous beaches and plenty of beautiful accommodations.
Some elopements can be “outdoorsy” while others stick to an indoor ceremony and keep all of the entertainment indoors as well. When you are planning your elopement, these are all factors that you want to plan ahead for, otherwise it could result in some hassle that you don’t want.
When it comes to elopement destinations that are affordable and can certainly meet all of your needs, many couples choose New Orleans. This beautiful city is situated conveniently in the rough middle of the country and has everything you could want out of a fun and romantic locale. 5-star restaurants that serve a variety of delicious food, a culture-rich city that offers an abundance of art, museums, parades, and other elements to take part in. Scenic parks dot the city and offer amazing venues with which to marry in, and the hotels are absolutely outstanding.
You can find incredible package deals for eloping in New Orleans that make getting eloped there one of the most affordable options for couples who want to save money. With the right deals, you can craft a magnificent destination wedding or elopement ceremony in New Orleans for a fraction of what it might cost in other cities.
Money-Saving Eloping Tips!
- Don’t feel pressured to invite half your extended family. You can save a ton of money on your elopement by inviting only your closest friends and family. Nothing wrong with a small wedding or minimal elopement!
- The classic expensive white wedding dress isn’t the only option available. When you get eloped, any style is on the table, as long as you love it and it fits your theme.
- Look for a high quality elopement package rather than purchasing everything separately, this is a great way to save money and get deals.
- Don’t go crazy with airfare. There are amazing deals out there and if you are comfortable with an uninspiring flight experience, you can save that money for actual entertainment and fun at your destination!
- Invest in a high-quality photographer. This is not an area you want to skimp!
- Remember to budget in your travel expenses as you venture around the city. Uber and taxi costs can add up if you aren’t careful. Consider renting a car if you intend on frequent travel
Most of all, have fun! This is your day and it should be special.
One of the best part about eloping is that there isn’t nearly as much pressure to spend a bucketload of money. You can plan carefully and have an incredible elopement for a surprisingly low cost. Keep your eyes open, plan ahead, and you will find that saving money when you elope is easy and pays off in less stress and more fun for you.
Reach out to our experts at BestElopeIdeas.com, we are happy to assist in any way!